Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the Browns' trade for AJ McCarron fell apart
(11-01-2017, 11:13 AM)Whatever Wrote: I disagree.  The Bengals came down from a 1st rounder after the Garrapolo trade.  A 2nd and a 3rd is steep, but you're trading a QB to a division rival.  The Browns said no, then panicked at the last minute and caved.  Literally, the only reason this came down to the deadline was indecision on the Browns FO part.  

You bring up a good point regarding the division rival. Perhaps it wouldn't have been a 2nd and 3rd if it were to a team outside of the division.
I am really just frustrated with how much compensation this team asks for when it comes to trades. It always feels unreasonable and I don't blame other teams for wanting to give up so much for what I at least see as talent not worth the price.
I also would like to see SOMETHING in return for AJ McCarron, so seeing nothing is irritating. He clearly wants to be on a team that gives him a starting opportunity and offers very little value unless the Bengals are contenders (which they are not).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How the Browns' trade for AJ McCarron fell apart - ochocincos - 11-01-2017, 11:28 AM