Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the Browns' trade for AJ McCarron fell apart
So called "last minute" agreements are the Norm and most teams are prepared to properly process them.

An article from Cleveland.com talks about a rift between the Cleveland Coaches and Front Office.

Coaches upset that Front Office Execs left the Office early the night before the Trade Deadline and did not make a play for Garoppolo.

Then Hue pushing to get McCarron.

Mike Brown almost put the screws to Cleveland and I don't fault him for the deal not being processed.

My guess is that a Cleveland Front Office person didn't like the deal yet wanted to make the Coaches think that he was willing to do what they wanted but it just got fouled up. Just a guess.

This tells me:

* Hue may be desperate to keep his job.

* Brown's Front Office likely wants a High 1st Round Rookie QB in next year's Draft over either Garoppolo or McCarron.

* Bengals still think they have a shot to win this season. May not want to face the Browns with McCarron and possibly lose in a few weeks.

* Mike Brown factored in his belief that the Bengals can still get decent value for McCarron later & actually had a Great Deal now only to have the other side do the unexpected after they had agreed.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How the Browns' trade for AJ McCarron fell apart - depthchart - 11-01-2017, 11:50 AM