Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals want miracle man on sidelines- Optimism of candidates belies negativity surro
(11-25-2017, 01:48 AM)Synric Wrote: Do we know they low balled Zeilter? 

There's conflicting stories from the same source. Which is it did they offer him 5.5 or were they letting free agency determine his value? 

I'm going with the latter since it's the same strategy they used with Marvin Jones, Michael Johnson, and Jonathan Joesph.

Edit: Also like to add all three of the players I mentioned above also received competitive offers from the Bengals similar to the ones they signed with other teams....and then they straight up way low balled a pro bowl caliber former first round pick? I don't buy it one second.

Except the Bengals value WR's and CB's. They don't value Guards. It says that right on Bengals.com. See below.

Lapham said they offered him $5.5 million a year. Then they didn't offer him a contract once he hit free agency. They basically told him to go test the market and come back if you don't find what you're looking for. That's the stuff I read.

But here you go: Report: Bengals did not attempt to bring back Kevin Zeitler

No offer was submitted from the Bengals to even attempt to retain former first round draft pick Kevin Zeitler.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/10/14878494/report-bengals-did-not-attempt-to-bring-back-kevin-zeitler

Bengals.com’s Geoff Hobson shared this bit of unfortunate news regarding Zeitler’s departure:

Zeitler is at the top of his game. He was rated the best guard on the market after not missing a snap in 2017. That translated to $12 million per year, but the Bengals don't believe guards win enough games on their own to warrant top of the market money. The Bengals didn't offer a contract but told his agent, "If you don't get what you want, come back."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals want miracle man on sidelines- Optimism of candidates belies negativity surro - THE PISTONS - 11-25-2017, 01:17 PM