Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals want miracle man on sidelines- Optimism of candidates belies negativity surro
(11-25-2017, 01:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Except the Bengals value WR's and CB's. They don't value Guards. It says that right on Bengals.com. See below.

Lapham said they offered him $5.5 million a year. Then they didn't offer him a contract once he hit free agency. They basically told him to go test the market and come back if you don't find what you're looking for. That's the stuff I read.

But here you go: Report: Bengals did not attempt to bring back Kevin Zeitler

No offer was submitted from the Bengals to even attempt to retain former first round draft pick Kevin Zeitler.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/10/14878494/report-bengals-did-not-attempt-to-bring-back-kevin-zeitler

Bengals.com’s Geoff Hobson shared this bit of unfortunate news regarding Zeitler’s departure:

Zeitler is at the top of his game. He was rated the best guard on the market after not missing a snap in 2017. That translated to $12 million per year, but the Bengals don't believe guards win enough games on their own to warrant top of the market money. The Bengals didn't offer a contract but told his agent, "If you don't get what you want, come back."

Bobbie Williams made top dollar as a guard for the Bengals. Clint Boiling signed a contract that was judt under the top guys.

Which is it did they only offer him 5.5, they made no offer, or did they say he if you don't go and get paid top guard in the league money come back to Cincy for 9.5ish?

You say they didn't offer him after free agency hit but he signed the first day after thr one week period where teams can talk to players.

Sounds to me like during that week the Browns were like here's 13 million and the Bengals said hahaha pfft.

You posted three different conflicting reports.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals want miracle man on sidelines- Optimism of candidates belies negativity surro - Synric - 11-25-2017, 01:49 PM