Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals want miracle man on sidelines- Optimism of candidates belies negativity surro
(11-25-2017, 10:10 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea they offered him less money than Clint Boiling...  Ninja

Ok then you think they should have signed Zeitler for 10 million and Whitworth for what? 10 million?

That's 7 million over the salary cap.

I'm sure your next argument is that they shouldn't have signed Dre Kirk, but he earned his deal over the last two seasons.

Next you will say they should have cut Pacman and Johnson both who's dead cap would put them over the cap.

They could have had one not both.

You argue that they shouldn't have spent money on Andre Smith...Where would they be right now...Eric Winston at right tackle.

I've said a couple dozen times I agree they should have made depth moves on the interior line over the last couple seasons and that hurt them.

Actually Lapham's quote would be right inline with what Clint Boling makes...

And last time I checked they didn't sign Whitworth.

Signing Zeitler for $10 million wouldn't put us over the cap. We had some $21 million of cap space in free agency at that time. We spent $3 million on Andre Smith.

Even after signing Smith and extending Burfict we had space for Zeitler.

Plus, there were other free agents out there we could have signed.

The Bengals don't need depth moves...they need starters on the offensive line.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals want miracle man on sidelines- Optimism of candidates belies negativity surro - THE PISTONS - 11-25-2017, 11:42 PM