Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People talk about firing Marvin...but I don't think Marvin wants to come back
(12-11-2017, 02:58 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Since 1999 the de facto GM of the Bengals is Duke Tobin. The actual title is irrelevant it is an angle shoot for Mike Brown to pocket more money. And he has given Marvin countless good rosters to win with. In spite of Marvin's ineptitude. He has kept this team competitive. Hopefully Mike would let him hire the Bengals next head coach

I'm not sure it's irrelevant that our owner refuses to give our "GM" the title of GM because Mike wants to keep the title of GM and make more money.  Nothing against Tobin, but I'd wager that little stipulation probably keeps the better GMs from wanting to come here.

I'm trying to put myself in that sort of position.  Imagine applying for a job and the boss tells you that you'll have the duties and responsibility of job X, but you'll get the title and salary of a lower position and he will keep the salary and the title for himself.  Ouch, he who has the gold makes the rules, I guess.

Anyways, stuff like that is bound to limit the pool of candidates right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: People talk about firing Marvin...but I don't think Marvin wants to come back - Nately120 - 12-11-2017, 03:11 PM