Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin says it’s not his responsibility to motivate players
(12-12-2017, 05:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I have taken a few mental intelligence classes as a HRM and I agree with Marvin that it is not your job to motivate anyone. It is your job to set the framework for them to motivate themselves; as everyone is not motivated by the same thing. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest Marvin understands the dynamic more that many experts in this forum that were "motivated" by their PeeWee coach with Ice Cream after the game.

What do we think Marvin should do to "motivate" a millionaire getting paid to play a game if that player cannot motivate themselves?

A head coach should be able to inspire, to push, to influence, to encourage, to build confidence. All those things fall under motivational umbrella in my opinion.

Just because a player is making a lot of money doesn't mean that he can't lose confidence, struggle in his play, become frustrated, etc..or maybe just be in need of a 'boot to the ass' reminder once in awhile.

It's those moments where a quality head should have the ability to 'motivate'.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin says it’s not his responsibility to motivate players - Bengalholic - 12-12-2017, 06:21 PM