Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Sports Mock Draft: Bengals take Baker Mayfield
(12-13-2017, 05:01 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So based on that logic, Joe Flacco (.602) is better than Drew Brees (502). 

OK. 

Did you hear that? That was the sound of my point flying over your head. It's not about who is better. It's about who WINS. Dalton is the 6th winningest QB among active QBs. And people are EAGER to get rid of him.

(12-13-2017, 05:24 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I talked about this in the Draft Board.

Unless the plan is to trade Dalton away for some draft picks and basically go into rebuild mode, they're not going to draft a QB high.  It's just not going to happen.  This team doesn't have the luxury of time or talent to draft a QB in the top 10 and then sit him behind Dalton for another couple of years.  So unless the next head coach convinces Mike Brown to part ways with Dalton (doubtful), he's our guy.  If anything, they'll take a mid-late round QB if McCarron wins his case and is a free agent after this season.

This. As Shake said, I'm not opposed to getting a new BETTER QB.

(12-13-2017, 05:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We can all argue Mayfield all we want, but I think we all know that the Bengals are drafting a QB. They are going to ride with Dalton until the wheels fall off.

Hell they kept a mediocre coach who didnt win a playoff game for 15 years. Why would Dalton be any different?

I think it depends on the new HC. If he's smart and wants to win, he'll stick with Dalton. If he cares more about his legacy, yeah, he'll try to convince Mike to part ways.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: CBS Sports Mock Draft: Bengals take Baker Mayfield - PhilHos - 12-13-2017, 05:44 PM