Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Sports Mock Draft: Bengals take Baker Mayfield
(12-13-2017, 08:58 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Mayfield is an extremely accurate deep ball thrower, is very accurate rolling out of the pocket and adjusting to broken plays.
I'm not sure where you guys are all getting your information from, but he can do back-foot throws accurately for 50-60 yards.
Watch his tape.

PFF grades him as the best in the last 2 years to come out of the NCAA.

Yea yea yea, he's a little cocky, but what do you expect from a guy that was a walk on. No one really recruited him out of HS, he has a chip on his shoulder, is highly competitive and flat out doesn't like to lose. Also he's not even close to being a Manziel. He's pulled a couple of dumb stunts, but the locker room is his to command. Manziel didn't have that, Manziel was about Manziel.

(12-13-2017, 09:48 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Because all any of the people posting about him know is that he got in trouble for being caught talking shit to a team/fans that were talking shit to him. I've watched most of the OU games over the past few years and Baker Mayfield is nothing like Manziel personality wise at all. He's highly accurate and makes plays Dalton would never be able to. Mayfield throws a tight, sharp throw whether hes in the pocket, on the run, or throwing off his back foot. Most importantly, he actually keeps his deep throws in bounds. He's a very smart, gutsy, drew brees/rodgers esque player but idk if I'd pick him before the second or third round. 

If you watch the games, at least once a game he comes up hobbling and is slightly injured. I worry in the NFL when the people are even bigger and stronger he won't be able to last. 

Also, to those people saying Manziel was a bust; the dude has an addiction problem so we have no idea what he would have done given he actually cared about aging football. One thing someone will never say about Baker Mayfield is that he doesn't live and die football. 

Honestly, this is what i have seen when watching the guy ON the field.

Hell of a QB that throws his Receivers and his big TE open. Makes those awe throws that i don't see from Dalton.

His OFF the field stuff is weird though to say the least. But people saying he doesn't have good pocket awareness and has
happy feet i disagree with when watching Baker Mayfield play. Does he get a little ancy, sure but he will make the play after
and that is all that counts. Remember how Peyton would move his feet in the pocket?

Guess some would call that happy feet.

His off the field stuff and the fact he is pretty short for an NFL QB are the things that give me pause.

Nothing about his play on the field do.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: CBS Sports Mock Draft: Bengals take Baker Mayfield - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-14-2017, 03:00 PM