Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Austin Promises Defense Will "Play Without Fear!"
(01-23-2018, 05:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1) that’s not an example because it was just a change in an attempt to keep Carson but not a change in the actual mindset of the team/franchise and in the way things are done.

2) have you not watched any games that he’s coached? It’s been his MO since he’s been here. Look at every game we won (and most we lost) when we’d get up one or two scores and try to run the ball to run out the clock and have to rely on Carson in the two-minute drill to win by 7 or less.

1) You asked for when we had some massive changes prior to this offseason and I answered. It's not my fault you don't like the answer.

Also, they have yet to demonstrate there's a change in the "actual" mindset of the team/franchise and in the way things are done. Heck, in Mike's interview with Jim O. he basically reiterates for the umpteenth time that the Bengals are not changing the way they do things!

2) You're missing the point. Yes, it's his MO, No one would deny that. But Merv would never admit to coaching timidly. Hence, the fact that he SAYS we're going to be agressive means squat when he has never coached agressive before AND when you consider this isn't the first time he says he needs to be agressive.

Here's a quote from Merv after the 2nd Steelers game in 2012: 
Quote: We’re going to keep coaching and playing aggressively. I can’t do that and then put my tail between my legs. We’ve got to be aggressive.

So, you'll excuse me if I don't believe Merv saying he'll be aggressive when he's said it before yet still coaches like a p***y.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Austin Promises Defense Will "Play Without Fear!" - PhilHos - 01-24-2018, 02:58 PM