Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(03-31-2021, 09:12 PM)hollodero Wrote: Can be. Might be. The only issue with all that is how imho all nuance and an objective reality tends to get lost in these kinds of back and forth. 

Also, for one, thinking this logic to the end would inherently mean no liberal can ever critizise any kind of corruption without being questioned in that manner, which imho is a weak stance; and also, I still find it way more ironic when a Trump supporter complains about Obama corruption as when an Obama supporter complains about Trump corruption, based on the fact that Trump corruption was way more blatant and worse then any alleged Obama corruption (and to even call it that would be a tad too far for me personally, but whatever) was.

I completely agree, and over all I don't mind Obama's tenure as POTUS, despite some fundamental differences of opinion.  But when the response is to a quote from Truman about politicians being worth far more when they leave office then when they entered it, citing Trump does not excuse Obama, at least as far as the quote is concerned.  Degree wasn't an issue in the quote, so it wasn't in my comparison.  Hyper partisan people need to be reminded of their hypocrisies, especially when they think they're the ones springing the trap.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-01-2021, 12:18 AM
Polish terrorist attack - StLucieBengal - 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Polish terrorist attack - GMDino - 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM