Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(04-02-2016, 11:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Whoever wrote this is completely ignorant of military benefits.  A private in the military does not have to pay for food, housing, insurance, medical care, or utilities.  

I have never been in the military, and even I know this.  

Whoever wrote this should go punch his teacher in the face.

Stuff like this isn't entirely without merit, but it certainly has to make the powers that be smile when two segments of the working poor decide to attack each other instead of uniting/wondering why they are BOTH being underpaid.  Hell, as long as we make sure the lowest rungs of the military pull in crap wages we can attack anyone complaining about his/her paycheck for being a spoiled rotten troops-hating jerk.

Does the fictitious Latisha McBurgerflipper in scenario say "I should make $15 an hour!" or is she actually saying "I should make more than an E1 and/or E5 in the Army!" because that seems to be the fake argument we are being presented. I would assume if you asked the "I should make $15 an hour" fast food crew if people in the military should make more than $8 an hour they wouldn't say "No way, I should make more than them" but hell, maybe they would. By this line of thinking I could be accused of thinking I'm way more important than a Sergeant in the US Army because of the salary requirements I submitted with my last job application. Damn, I had no idea I was so against people in the army making a living wage...but I guess I just fancy myself way more important than them!

Let's face it, I've had desk jobs where I'm not at risk of dying every day and I made more than twice as much as that poor sap in the military example.  Maybe my pay should have been bumped down a few notches?  I mean, sure I went to school and all that jazz, but I'm not getting shot at.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc. - Nately120 - 04-02-2016, 12:37 PM
Polish terrorist attack - StLucieBengal - 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Polish terrorist attack - GMDino - 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM