Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(04-20-2016, 01:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Isaiah 40:21 NIV - "Do you not know? Have you not heard? Has it not been told you from the beginning? Have you not understood since the earth was founded?" 
Isaiah 40:21 KJV - "Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?"

I see nothing that mentions the shape of the earth.

Genesis 1:6 NIV - "And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.”
Genesis 1:6 KJV - "And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters."

Bible never said anything about there being a firmament in the sky. It says that God put a firmament (land) in the waters. You know, what we now call LAND.

I can't do it. I'm done. This thing is so wrong, it's not even funny. Religion has it's faults, sure and there are certainly misinterpretations of the Bible worthy of legitimate criticism, but either the creator of this is an idiot or he or she is WOEFULLY misinformed.

Mellow

One verse off.

http://biblehub.com/isaiah/40-22.htm

[/url]
Quote:[url=http://biblehub.com/niv/isaiah/40.htm]New International Version

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

New Living Translation
God sits above the circle of the earth. The people below seem like grasshoppers to him! He spreads out the heavens like a curtain and makes his tent from them.

English Standard Version
It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in;

http://www.gotquestions.org/firmament-Bible.html

Quote:Question: "What was the firmament in the Bible?"

Answer: 
The “firmament” (from the Latin firmamentum, meaning “sky” or “expanse”) is mentioned 17 times in the King James Version of the Bible and refers to the expanse of the heavens above the earth.

Nine of the occurrences of firmament are in the first chapter of the Bible as part of the creation account.Genesis 1:6-8 says, “And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.” The “firmament” is called “heaven”; i.e., it is what people see when they stand outside and look up. It is the space which includes the earth’s atmosphere and the celestial realm. In the firmament, we see the sun, moon, and stars; in modern translations the firmament is often called the “expanse” or the “sky.”

Mellow

Should add that since I didn't fact check each verse it seems the verses cited in the meme are the start of that story...not necessarily where the cited "fact" is.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc. - GMDino - 04-20-2016, 01:37 PM
Polish terrorist attack - StLucieBengal - 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Polish terrorist attack - GMDino - 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM