Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(09-16-2016, 02:57 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Of course you do. You hate anything religious.

The story wasn't just about God and Pharaoh nor just Pharaoh and the Israelites. There was more involved than in just freeing the Israelites. If you could stop hating for just a moment, you might recognize that. Of course, this would mean you wouldn't get to bash a religion and may actually understand it a little bit better so I won't hold my breath.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

Only the explanations of the contradictions are complicated. Free will is a central theme of the Bible and yet here is a blatant example of God usurping Pharaoh's free will. And why? For God's glory. How did God earn that glory?  Demonstrating his power via the plagues which included murdering first born children. Murder violates one of His commandments which prompts another complicated explanation about how it is impossible for God to sin. 

Laughing at the contradictions in BS stories written by men to explain something they claim can't be fully comprehended is humor, not hatred. Nor does it mean God doesn't exist. I don't know if there is a god, but I'm certain stories like Exodus are BS. I don't believe in a book (many) Christians seem to believe is the only way a heathen like me can learn morals. But, killing people (to include infants) for one's own glory is immoral. So if I'm going to believe in a God, it's going to be a god who would soften Pharaoh's heart to the suffering of others. Not harder his heart IOT cause more suffering. When I'm more moral than your god something is wrong with the instruction manual. 

If God wanted me to believe a book filled with contradictions and devoid of logic then he shouldn't have made me this way. If God will condemn me for not believing nonsense then he isn't much of a god anyway. It wouldn't hurt if he started acting more Godly and less like a brat throwing a temper tantrum. 

Can you imagine the hilarity which would ensue if we raised our kids like God?

"Hey, Timmy, I want you to take your little brother out to the backyard, sacrifice the family pet, then kill your brother to prove your obedience to me. Mkay?"
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc. - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-16-2016, 06:38 PM
Polish terrorist attack - StLucieBengal - 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Polish terrorist attack - GMDino - 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM