Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(02-01-2017, 11:32 AM)Benton Wrote: one of the mischaracterizations of the last year has been that Democrats love illegal aliens and are soft on immigration reform. I think that's incorrect. Democrats tend to favor enforcing existing immigration laws (we dont), Republicans have tended to favor not finding existing immigration laws because it costs too much to hire border guards and office workers processing visas and doing background checks. Instead, their recent answer has been to instead dump the money into a wall, drones, etc.

neither of them are interested in taking away the incentive to cross over, hitting employers who hire illegal workers.

I agree, that is the elephant in the room.  I don't have any actual stats in front of me, but it seems that building trades, landscape, vast majority of farm labor and food processing plants, and restaurant employees (the ones you don't see in the dining room) are dominated by folks of the Latino persuasion.  I know from experience in my days as a subcontractor in the building trades that a crew operating above board (paying taxes and payroll taxes) simply cannot compete with the undocumented crews that are willing to do the job for half price.

I would love to see a Nationwide crackdown on employment of illegals.  I feel that it would cause the wages for those jobs to raise to a level where Americans would want to do those jobs again.  Of course, the bad side is that prices would rise to accommodate those higher wages.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc. - SunsetBengal - 02-01-2017, 11:47 AM
Polish terrorist attack - StLucieBengal - 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Polish terrorist attack - GMDino - 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM