Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
I'll post this one here as it was a series of jokes.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2017/02/11/ed-helms-tom-petty-musicares-person-of-the-year-grammys-trump/97785442/

Quote:Ed Helms skillfully roasts Trump, using only Tom Petty song titles

[Image: 636223923464061984-AFP-AFP-LL6SO-88682176.JPG]
Ed Helms emceed the 2017 MusiCares Person of the Year, honoring Tom Petty. (Photo: Robyn Beck, AFP/Getty Images)

LOS ANGELES — It was only a matter of time until somebody mentioned Trump at one of Grammy week's most star-studded events.
Hosting the 2017 MusiCares Person of the Year gala Friday night, which honored Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Tom Petty, actor Ed Helms kicked things off by mocking the president and his contested travel ban, which barred immigrants and refugees from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the USA.

"How 'bout another round of applause for the amazing Randy Newman?" Helms said, after the singer's performance of the Petty classic Refugee. "I hate to kind of bring things down right off the bat, but I need to let you know that due to a White House executive order, that rendition of Refugee is now banned, and I just got word that Randy Newman has been placed on a plane to Syria already. He's in the air, I don't know how that happened. That's bad news if you're a Randy Newman fan, but I know myself, I feel safer."

Helms didn't stop there, making a flurry of references to Petty's catalog during an imagined conversation between Trump and immigrants.

"Trump is basically saying to the Internet community, 'You Wreck Me,' " Helms continued. "And the immigrant community is like, 'Don't Do Me Like ThatStop Dragging My Heart Around. You know, I'm just Runnin' Down a Dream. I want my daughter to be an American Girl. Honestly, You Don't Know How It Feels. Back in my home country, we're Free Fallin', OK?' And Trump is just like, 'Yer So Bad.' And the immigrant community is like, 'Listen to (Your) Heart.' And Trump is like, I Won't Back Down#ItsGoodToBeTheKing,' which is a weird thing for a president to say."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc. - GMDino - 02-11-2017, 11:18 AM
Polish terrorist attack - StLucieBengal - 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Polish terrorist attack - GMDino - 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM