Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(09-21-2017, 02:06 PM)Benton Wrote: I was on vacation when I met a woman a couple years ago. She had her forearm in a splint. We were on a shuttle, so I started making some sort of small talk about it.

Turns out, she had broken her arm while on vacation in Australia. She never mentioned how, but said she had gone to a hospital where they took an Xray and told her it was broken and would need a cast. A few minutes later, the doctor came in and apologized, saying since she wasn't a citizen, she would have to pay full price. As an American, she was pretty concerned about the cost, so she said she probably needed to make arrangements for the cash, and asked how much it would cost. If memory serves me right, the full price to get X-rays and a cast: $26.

My wife, an RN, laughed and said she couldn't even talk to her for $26.

LOL

These are cash prices for self-pay patients which includes a discount for the administrative savings of not filing an insurance claim: office visit $90, forearm X-ray $30, forearm splint $70.

So only 630% more expensive to get treated in the States.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc. - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-21-2017, 03:55 PM
Polish terrorist attack - StLucieBengal - 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Polish terrorist attack - GMDino - 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM