Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(04-04-2018, 05:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hell if I know.  My father was of the great baby boomer generation which featured kids jumping off their roofs trying to fly like superman.  Even worse, my grandparents were of the greatest generation (that WWII one) and they were kids back in the days when people had like 10 kids because they'd go out to play and end up killing themselves.

Oh man, this reminds me of how when I was a kid people my age were lying in the road at night because they saw it in that movie with James Caan coaching that football team.  Yeah, can I really feel smug that kids these days are stupid when kids in my day did that?  Oy.

Here it is!  Thank you google.  So here is what people my age were doing as kids rather than eating detergent and snorting condoms.

https://www.nytimes.com/1993/10/19/us/not-like-the-movie-a-dare-leads-to-death.html

Who could forget hood surfing?  

Now, this was most easily achieved in convertibles, or cars with sunroofs or T-Tops.  However, the really brave dudes climbed out of moving vehicles with hard tops, and navigated their way onto the hood and back in. Not sure, but I think this bright idea also came from a movie.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc. - SunsetBengal - 04-04-2018, 06:02 PM
Polish terrorist attack - StLucieBengal - 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Polish terrorist attack - GMDino - 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM