Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(03-26-2019, 12:32 AM)Benton Wrote: Benghazi=double digit investigations that resulted in 0 guilty pleas/arraignments
Mueller Report= a single report that resulted in more than 30 arraignments/guilty pleas, many from some type of financial mishandling

They really aren't comparable. Benghazi was a giant waste of time and money trying to discredit Clinton. Mueller was several arrests on various charges.

I don't know about upset that Trump isn't a conspirator, but I think people are surprised. You had a foreign agent working with the GOP and donors, you had people in the Trump camp asking Russia for assistance with Clinton. I didn't think Mueller's report would be too damning of the President, the guy is a government employee afterall. 

And you had the campaign manager handing over campaign polling to the Russians. 

I can only assume the "intent" and "coordination" requirements were not sufficiently met.
It's not like they weren't trying.

Another point--Mueller was not just looking for collusion; that was part of the larger project of discovering how and to what degree Russians intervened in the election. And that appears to have paid off.  Another contrast to Benghazi hearings.

Hard to look into guys like manafort, Stone and cohen without finding some kind of fraud . . . .
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc. - Dill - 03-26-2019, 04:23 AM
Polish terrorist attack - StLucieBengal - 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Polish terrorist attack - GMDino - 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM