Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(05-19-2020, 09:00 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As best I can tell, looks to be on or just before February 17th.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/02/17/nih-disease-official-anthony-fauci-risk-of-coronavirus-in-u-s-is-minuscule-skip-mask-and-wash-hands/4787209002/

Quote:[color=var(--type-primary,#303030)]The only people who need masks are those who are already infected to keep from exposing others. The masks sold at drugstores aren't even good enough to truly protect anyone, Fauci said.[/color]

[color=var(--type-primary,#303030)]"If you look at the masks that you buy in a drug store, the leakage around that doesn't really do much to protect you," he said. "People start saying, 'Should I start wearing a mask?' Now, in the United States, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to wear a mask."[/color]

Not sure why it posted big and red.

Anyway, that was back before the spread.

Why did it spread?

Because those infected 1- couldn't get a test and didn't know they were infected, which led to 2- didn't wear a mask and infected others.

The mask isn't about your safety. It's about the fact you may be a carrier and spreading it to someone else. In other words, its about other people's safety.

I'm not big on masks. I'm not big on being told what to do. But my wife's a nurse and she put it terms if understand: Benton's dad has copd and is 67. Benton could have corona. If Benton goes to see his dad, even if he feels fine, and doesn't wear a mask, it could kill bentons dad given the prexisting condition.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc. - Benton - 05-19-2020, 09:18 AM
Polish terrorist attack - StLucieBengal - 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Polish terrorist attack - GMDino - 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM