Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(07-31-2020, 07:27 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: [Image: yeubbljd22e51.jpg?width=640&height=640&c...80d0fd10f3]

As a former employee of a grocery store that was bought by Kroger, I can tell you that they are evil. I was once in a department with nine employees, five of them were managers.

They told us, "Don't work 7 days during the Holiday week because we have to manually do your time sheet". Well, I got called in twice during a holiday week. The Time and Attendance clerk moved one of my shifts to the previous week so she wouldn't have to do math but she had already sent that previous week's payroll in so I had an overtime shift sitting in between two weeks and they wanted me to prove it. It took almost two months and about a dozen phone calls to get my money. I also caught them "adding" a half hour lunch to my half hour lunch on shifts where I worked overtime. I'm the only employee in my current job that doesn't have direct deposit. You all just read why. I want my money in my hands so I can check their work. 

The last Christmas in a regional, Northwestern owned "Fred Meyer" - budgeted for 330 employees, every holiday season.
The very next Christmas in a Kroger "Fred Meyer"(same store) - 208 employees (the last time that store was over 200 employees)

Managers are told "Here's last years numbers. We want you to get more sales and with less hours this year and if you don't do it, we will find someone who will." There is no "Well, you sold more than last year so here's a few more hours to give to your part-time workers."

We once had to go an entire month with one forklift(usually have three) because the regional manager kept blocking the orders for parts for the other two forklifts . . . Why would he do that? Simple. He would have had less of a bonus if he ordered more parts during the rest of the quarter.

Kroger's name is so bad up here, they can't promote experienced workers because they have no one capable of replacing them and matching their output. All of the other previous good workers saw the writing on the wall and moved on. So they resort to "promoting" most of their managers from Washington and Oregon, except they're not managers. They're just regular workers offered a raise and a bonus to relocate to Alaska to add "manager" to their resume and hoping to fly back home in a couple of years in a lateral move. Except most fail and get sent home early because they don't know what they are doing and our stores are waaaaay busier than anything they are used to. West Fairbanks Fred Meyer is the busiest store in the entire Kroger company, the store I worked in was the 2nd busiest. I've seen these flailing idiots fail time and time again.

Great. Now I'm all pissed off again. Retail was the reason I tell young adults "Don't hang out too much with your co-workers. WAAAAAAYYY too easy to turn an 8 hour day into a 12 hour day by sitting around bitching about work."
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc. - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 07-31-2020, 01:40 PM
Polish terrorist attack - StLucieBengal - 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Polish terrorist attack - GMDino - 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM