Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ever Had A Friend Overstay Their Welcome?
(02-22-2018, 07:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sounds like your friend might be at a low point in his life. You mention that he USED to own a bar, what does he do for a living now? His girlfriend kicked him out, and he drinks a lot.

Sounds to me like you may have to start a conversation, find out where his head is. If he's blowing money on booze, and likely eating out a lot, that's going to really inhibit his ability to save up any significant amount of money. Obviously, you don't want to hurt his feelings, so you'll likely want to pick your moment carefully. Perhaps at a time when just you and he are hanging out?
I didn’t run up thousands of dollars..... that was an exaggeration, but it was a lot.

Plus, he text me just about every time wanting to go out and I’d offer to pay. Plus, even if it would have been that much for customers, I’m thinking about how much bars mark-up drinks, so not like he was losing much.

I did tell him he needs to get his life in order and he said “I know” and hasn’t been drinking as much. My family has also been out-of-town, so he’s been driving me to my presentations, appointments, and wherever else.

I forget what he does now...... maybe sales?
(02-22-2018, 07:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Gotta show the friend some tough love.....  Unless you feel you do owe him.

Brad do you own your own place. or rent or still live with parents.  cause it makes a little difference on how to get out of the situation

especially easy if you still live at home with the folks.   "Sorry man I love you like a brother but you cant stay here anymore" 

Now if hes only been there a few days so far....  And your losing your patience there must be more. 

But best way if he is truly your friend is just be honest with him...  friends don't lie to friends to save face. that's why their friends.   so if you have issue let him know.

I think I’ll give him another week or two and then put my crippled foot down.

Thanks for the advice!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ever Had A Friend Overstay Their Welcome? - BFritz21 - 02-22-2018, 08:52 PM
My Friend Is Moving Out! - BFritz21 - 03-14-2018, 08:34 AM