Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ever Had A Friend Overstay Their Welcome?
(03-02-2018, 08:20 AM)hollodero Wrote: I was sympathetic to you until that very post. He asks if it's OK and you say "no problem". While at the same time fussing over it on an internet board.

If a friend ever helped me out and assured me it's OK and I found out he was in fact bitterly complaining about it, I'd be hurt and pissed. The one thing friends should do is to be honest with each other, at least when it's an important matter. You, however, refuse to let him know where he stands with you. That's on you. My opinion.

To throw some unnecessary sexism into it - you behave like some women would (how could he not have guessed that it's of course a problem when I said "it's not a problem"?). Be honest with him or suffer in silence.

That’s the thing- I have been honest with him and told him how it was messed up that it started as one night and turned into a month, which he has been embarrassed and just talked about when he’s hoping he can get his own place.

Also, I said things like it’s not a problem but he obviously took advantage. If you’re talking about something a woman would do, there it is.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ever Had A Friend Overstay Their Welcome? - BFritz21 - 03-02-2018, 09:00 AM
My Friend Is Moving Out! - BFritz21 - 03-14-2018, 08:34 AM