Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which scenario would u be more happy with???
The second one, without a doubt.

Evans worries me. There's a reason he's falling down draft boards.

When you consider his mediocre measurables, health concerns, mediocre work out numbers (he didn't even run a 40. At all.) limited production, and lack of play making skill I think Evans has a high bust potential in the NFL. You're basically relying entirely on how he looked in a hand full of games behind an absolutely dominant Dline.

Quote:Marginal height, weight, length and testing numbers — short arms and good but hardly great athletic traits. Scouts have no 40 time on record for Evans because he skipped running it at the combine, Bama’s main pro day as well as on their retest day this week (which angered scouts who believed he’d run the last time and made the trip to watch him).

Will over-pursue and be hyper-aggressive at times. Appeared more effective when exploiting good matchups (blitzing vs. running backs, singled up against tight ends, e.g.) rather than whipping quality pass blockers. Used primarily as situational pass rusher his first few seasons on defense. Wasn’t given full role until last season, so his positional instincts and experience must be considered carefully. Coverage skills might not be fully developed yet.

Can clean up his tackling in space, as seen on this high tackle attempt vs. Tennessee — Evans reads the play nicely but just doesn’t take RB John Kelly down:

Is he a playmaker? Zero interceptions, two forced fumbles in 42 games. Despite 15 sacks in that period, he might be too light to be a consistent pass-rush force in the NFL. Operated in front of an exceptional defensive line for three years and had a lot of clean lanes to make plays.

Health concerns must be vetted. Missed two games with a groin injury and appeared to be affected by it most of the season thereafter. In those regards, there’s perhaps a bit more of a boom/bust quality to his game at the next level.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/03/29/nfl-draft-profile-no-29-alabama-lb-rashaan-evans/a7x898k/

He seems like a poor man's Reuben Foster to me.

I'd take him in the second round though.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which scenario would u be more happy with??? - CJD - 04-17-2018, 08:34 AM