Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD***
(04-28-2018, 01:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Nobody keeps 2 kickers... there is no 2nd string for a kicker.

2. We're not talking about a 1st round QB. We're talking a 5th round kicker.

So much hand-wringing over a kicker. Was he the reason Philly won a SB? Not even close. The truth is that Elliott was replacement level. He hit 83.9% of his FG's and 92.9% of his XP's in regular season. Pedestrian figures. Sure "BUT THE RANGE" - yeah the kid has range, but he balanced that with a propensity to miss the chip shots on occasion. 

All things considered, Elliott was an overall average kicker last year. A replaceable guy. So why the hand-wringing? My guess is that people can't get over the fact that Elliott was a precious draft pick. Then they attach the Eagles SB win to Ellott, as if the kid deserves that. He basically hit the lottery.

You had me tracking until you said this nonsense bolded above

Average kickers don't set distance records and game winning field goals

My point on the draft is simple, a 1st or second round pick for any roster spot does not have to compete for a roster spot, they get it albeit may not start. I think if you draft  kicker he gets the job period as kickers rarely get drafted.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - Luvnit2 - 04-28-2018, 01:16 PM