Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(11-03-2021, 08:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I really wish devs would give up the cloud gaming stuff. Just my 2 cents, but I think the closer we get to an all-digital world, the worse it is for consumers. It gives all the power to companies when you remove consumer ownership from the equation.

For example, I got the all-digital Xbox Series S, and already regret it, as I've noticed Microsoft removes games they don't want you playing anymore. Such as old Forza games.

You also can't re-sell your old games and eventually we could reach a point where all gaming is done on subscription services, which will become VERY expensive if that does become the only option.

Sorry to go on a tangent. 

Well its good and bad.

Some games do get removed due to license agreements.   Forza is definitely one of those currently the only one for purchase is horizon 4. and 5 thats out in a few days  But the older games were only removed from being able to be purchased digitally. if you already own them you can still download and have access.

Now Xbox was gonna add something that allowed you to sell your digital games at the beginning of Xbox 1... But everyone booed it out of existence back then. (DMR)

I like digital purchases for the fact they can go everywhere your account is...  But it also has its draw backs as you stated if you lose your account get banned or some other issue you can lose content.  (but pyshical stuff has drawbacks too..)

Cloud gaming is going bring some interesting results. and is what made Flight sim possible  Kojima and Sega are both looking at making a cloud game. 

game pass ultimate on a year if you pay full price is the cost of 3 full games for constant access to 400+ games (not always the same games) on xbox and pc and anywhere cloud will get you now...   Can be expensive or cheaper than gaming depending on how many games you play a year.  (i dont use gamepass btw  well not yet at least maybe this next year ill jump in)

we will start to see Subscript services get consolidated now there is too many out there.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - XenoMorph - 11-04-2021, 09:16 AM