Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Football Life - Carson Palmer
The biggest problem Carson had was that he didn't WANT to be a leader. From High School to College, and on to the pros, he wanted to be just one of the boys; and hidden in the shadows. The trouble is, in order to be an NFL QB you HAVE to be a leader in order to take that next step, whether it be a nice guy like Warner, an excitable guy like Favre, or a silent assassin who holds the other players accountable like Brady. That almost got him benched early in his Heisman year by Pete Carroll, but fortunately he made it through that phase with perhaps a little help from Norm Chow. And it wouldn't have taken much, just a bit more holding others accountable on the team, and standing up for himself. That made it easy for Mike Brown to let him go, he knew he would just go quietly. Hard worker, yes! All the physical tools, absolutely! I still remember someone using some sort of brain/personality type analysis deal; and it was pretty much spot on. It just wasn't enough to lead by example, he had to be just a bit more involved, and yes distance himself, and perhaps even put himself above his team mates a bit and hold them accountable at the risk of somebody not "liking" him; and he just wasn't that guy. He gave us some great years, and maybe, just maybe. had he not been injured in that playoff game, he may have been able to prove nice guys don't finish last (or second); but we will never know for sure. Thanks for the good years, Carson; and I wish you well in your retirement, I'm sure you'll be much happier now, best of luck!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - pally - 09-15-2018, 09:32 AM
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - McC - 09-15-2018, 06:49 PM
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - McC - 09-15-2018, 10:07 PM
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - Synric - 09-21-2018, 10:41 AM
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - RASCAL - 09-16-2018, 02:07 AM
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - Bengalsrob - 09-15-2018, 01:11 PM
Football Life - Carson Palmer - bjf123 - 09-15-2018, 11:28 PM
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - J24 - 09-16-2018, 01:51 PM
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - Synric - 09-21-2018, 11:02 AM