Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Football Life - Carson Palmer
Something that seems to be missing in the Mike Brown discussion is that he won't let players dictate how they go about running the team.  I'm never going to defend how they run things, but I do think that as a team owner he should never be forced to let players, no matter how good they might be as players dictate personnel decisions and day to day operations. 
If any player wants to try to take over those decisions they'll quickly find themselves on the outside looking in. We don't know exactly what may have been said or not said ,but to think that the QB should be given the power to override coaching and ownership decisions is silly. 
The fact of the matter is that neither Palmer nor Boomer were ever team owners, but both tried to impose their will on the ownership. 
I'm not a fan of ownership of any team, but the bottom line is that the players don't have the power to override those kinds of things .
If any of us owned any team I seriously doubt any of us would be willing to let any player impose their desires when it's really just a business in place to make money first and winning is always going to be secondary to profits. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - pally - 09-15-2018, 09:32 AM
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - McC - 09-15-2018, 06:49 PM
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - McC - 09-15-2018, 10:07 PM
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - Synric - 09-21-2018, 10:41 AM
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - RASCAL - 09-16-2018, 02:07 AM
Football Life - Carson Palmer - bjf123 - 09-15-2018, 11:28 PM
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - J24 - 09-16-2018, 01:51 PM
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - grampahol - 09-18-2018, 12:24 PM
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - Synric - 09-21-2018, 11:02 AM