Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Football Life - Carson Palmer
(09-20-2018, 12:08 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Cried wolf? Not sure I see the correlation... 

But anyway, Carson didn't just sign his contract like many seem to believe (not directly pointed at you). Carson waited patiently for over 5 years, suffering through the bad-to-horrific 2006-2008 seasons. The 2009 season seemed to show a promising future for the team (even though they went away from Carsons strengths and became a run-first offense  Whatever). 

But of course, the debacle that was the 2010 season happened and it was time for Mike to put up or shut up. What did Mike do? Extended Marv Lewis after his second 4-win season in three years. He had no intentions on moving on from bratkowski. We all saw the notorious, tense "Press Conference" where Mike essentially said there would be no changes made. That press conference pissed a lot of us fans off. It's no coincidence Carson made his trade demand a few days later IMO. At the time, not many blamed Carson. Initial reactions were livid with Mike and sympathetic for Carson (the immediate success of Dalton and Green made it easy for some to turn on Carson once again... Yknow, after the 2008 offseason comments on USC and Ohio State Whatever). 

I remember exactly how I felt the day we found out Carson was done: sad, angry, let down... All at bengals management. I didn't exactly pity Carson or even wish he'd come back, I was disgusted that management let it get to that point. Bob Trumpy called it the lowest point in franchise history, and put all then blame on Mike Brown. I agreed with Trumpy 100%. 

Time has passed, time can change a lot thoughts and emotions. But not me, I feel the same way. Carsons departure is 100% on Mike Brown. And I won't ever blame Carson for wanting out of that shit show. 

Yeah, sorry, cry wold doesn't fit. My bad.

That was MB decision and nobody else's. As stated many times over, MB is not a great (or probably even good) owner. It's nothing new. Marv has actually made MB look good. Check winning % before marv and with Marv. It's doubled. But it's not good enough for us fans and a lot of players. Guess what? That's his decision and way he wants to do it. And guess what else? he has every right to do it because he owns the team. I've come to accept that's the way it is. 

I don't blame Carson for wanting out. I actually don't even have any ill feelings toward him like most do. I blame Carson for knowing exactly what he was getting into and trying to play good cop and change a zebras stripes. You're usually going to be disappointed with that.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - pally - 09-15-2018, 09:32 AM
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - McC - 09-15-2018, 06:49 PM
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - McC - 09-15-2018, 10:07 PM
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - Synric - 09-21-2018, 10:41 AM
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - RASCAL - 09-16-2018, 02:07 AM
Football Life - Carson Palmer - bjf123 - 09-15-2018, 11:28 PM
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - J24 - 09-16-2018, 01:51 PM
RE: Football Life - Carson Palmer - Hoofhearted - 09-20-2018, 01:00 PM