Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals MUST defend this against Carolina
(09-21-2018, 12:20 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don’t believe you have to stay in dime.  You would essentially be playing Dennard as a nickel backer.  If Shawn Williams can do it, Dennard could do it better.  

If we rely on this LB crew to stay with CMC in space, it will be an easy day of pitch and catch for Cam and Co.  

I remember WAY back when Marv played an extra LB in an effort to stuff Jamal Lewis, the Ravens RB, and it worked.  Changed our entire strategy for one player.

I just don’t think the rest of that team is up to the task.  Stop CMC, limit Cam to the pocket and they will win.

If he is a nickle backer who is your slot? If you have 4 CB's on the field you are now in dime personnel, unless you are kicking a LB out into the slot (bad idea). That is considered a lite box and one the O coordinator would run against. The Cowboys contained him without violating standard football fundamentals I am sure we can too. 

This is all moot because they won't do it. Will we see Dennard on him if he is in the slot? Sure. Will he shadow him? No. It just creates way too many issues behind them if they tried something like that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals MUST defend this against Carolina - Au165 - 09-21-2018, 12:43 PM