Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th and 1... Where is the Media backlash?
(10-15-2018, 10:30 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: But they  should have been critical because it was a stupid decision. 
Also we we're just stuffed on the previous play and we have a terrible offensive line to boot. 
Going for it just doesn't make sense and the negatives of missing it are just as big as the positives if it is made.

So you think Mixon can't get 1 yard on 2 tries?  If so then we should cut him immediately.  I kid... sort of.

Yes, Mixon doesn't get the needed yardage on 3rd down, but you don't move away from him completely.  Hell that would have been the best time for a Dalton scramble.  Line up like we are going to give it to Mixon, hard count the max out of it before we do snap it, after the snap, fake to Mixon and let Dalton run like mad toward the outside, he has shown his ability to do this on other occasions.

I am not going to call Marvin a conservative HC.  He has definitely gambled in the past.  However against the Steelers he does seem to "play it safe" more than he gambles which has led to this perception of him playing scared.  He seems to play "not to lose" instead of playing to win.

One time I do recall him gambling against the Steelers was in 09, we fake punt, and run.  We won that game.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4th and 1... Where is the Media backlash? - YsCascadia - 10-15-2018, 10:51 PM