Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Was Totally Wrong About Marvin and the Defense
(11-18-2018, 08:04 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes, I admit it.

The idea of Marvin Lewis assuming defensive coordinator duties sounded great to me because I thought he would have the Bengals prepared for Lamar Jackson and the Ravens.  Unfortunately I think Marvin’s defensive prowess was left in the last millennium.  

This effort on the defensive side of the ball was an epic failure from front to back.  The coaching was abysmal and the execution was even worse.  The first priority when the season ends is to replace the defensive coordinator, the offensive coordinator, and the head coach — in that order.

you did not think realistically Marvin could turn it around in one short week?

I think Marv and the D would much have rather played Flacco...a slow, beat up, ill disciplined, poor tackling run defense did not want to see Lamar Jackson running all over the place.

i think the lack of quick adjustment was on Marv though....were they not employing a spotter for Lamar?...saw Williams and Bates get to him a couple of times but other times we just vacated the box and left a gaping hole for him to break into.  

Normally a defense plans to make an offense one dimensional  - in this instance ravens did that for us and we still could not stop it at times
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Was Totally Wrong About Marvin and the Defense - sonofstat - 11-19-2018, 11:32 AM