Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Was Totally Wrong About Marvin and the Defense
(11-19-2018, 03:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The biggest things that I noticed about the LB play yesterday?  They seemed half a beat late on diagnosing the play, and then couldn't get off a block to save their ass.  Now, with Burfict I saw him recognize the plays instantly, but it just seemed like his body wouldn't let him get there..

In Burfict's case, he likely shouldn't have been on the field, as he's obviously not well.  As for the others?  They were all great athletes in College, must be the coaching.

Think the same.

(11-19-2018, 03:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: No shit, that is the most maddening aspect of losing yesterday.  The defense literally had one friggin job to do:  make Jackson throw the ball.  Instead, they make some undrafted scrub out of RUTGERS look like the second coming of Earl Campbell, and make Jackson look like Gale Sayers.  It's pitiful.  We knew, or should have, that the offense would have its struggles without Green and Kroft against one of the top defenses in the NFL.  All the defense had to do was make the rookie throw the ball.  They couldn't even do that.

Yes sir.

(11-19-2018, 05:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: What killed me is they seemed to have no idea it was coming, blindsided.

One of the telling things about how lame this coaching staff is, Marvin not even knowing how to use the headset ! I mean a Pro football team and nobody bothered checking that before the game ? WTF

Sad stuff. Sad

(11-19-2018, 07:59 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He keeps getting suspended, showing up out of shape and then getting injured (likely due to his suspensions and being out of shape.) Burfict has not been the same player and it's very evident. Average/below average, big step down from what he was. 

If that is what he is now, I want him gone.

Like Sunset said, he must be injured still.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Was Totally Wrong About Marvin and the Defense - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-20-2018, 04:18 PM