Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If GM holding Marvin back, then why has Marvin never left to a better Opportunity/GM?
(11-24-2018, 04:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay then.  We can't just pretend that 2015 did not happen and even in the other seasons they are ahead of around half the league.

If we have the worst owner and a horrible head coach then who gets credit for being better than all those other teams?  Soemone has to be producing at an elite level to iovercome the worst owner and a horrible head coach.

Have the coordinators and position coaches really been that good?

I think you're fooling yourself if you think Mike Brown is not one of the worst owners in the league.

As for Marvin, I don't think he's the worst coach in the league. I think he can bring a bad team/franchise to 7-9 to 10-6 seasons but he won't get any further because he hasn't adapted to the current NFL, makes poor in game decisions, and his teams are consistently shaken against teams like the Steelers and in the playoffs. Maybe with a better owner and organization he could but that's not happening. 

Just like at QB (Which we have but that's another talk), having an average coach is worse than having a bad coach. An average coach gets you to the playoffs, and gets some good seasons, but they won't get you further. But you consistently have that hope that they will be better or just need that one piece to really get to the top, and they don't. With a bad coach you at least know it, and it makes it easier to get rid of them to try for better. 

I would rather take the risk of getting a bad coach to get a great coach than stick with the nothing that the team inspires now
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If GM holding Marvin back, then why has Marvin never left to a better Opportunity/GM? - eoxyod - 11-24-2018, 04:38 PM