Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If GM holding Marvin back, then why has Marvin never left to a better Opportunity/GM?
(11-24-2018, 07:49 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote:  And if you think the bengals are outperforming most of the other teams in the league you are delusional. You must think playoff appearances are the end all be all

Okay, by "most" I mean a majority.

And I don't think playoff appearances are the end all be all.  I think that would be Championships, and since Marvin took over only 10 NFL teams have won more Championships than the Bengals.  Bengals are 14th in winning seasons, 13th in winning percentage, and 9th in playoff appearances.  There is plenty of evidence that the Bengals have performed better than a majority of the teams.

In fact the only way you can't is to claim that winning a playoff game is the end all be all.  That is because the Bengal victim card value depends on making a playoff win the one and only value used to determin how sucessful a team is.  It is the ONLY way the bengal fan victim card has more value than one from the browns.

The fact is it is absurd to claim that the Browns are the superior franchise just because they won one playoff game 20 years ago.  It is also absurd to claim that a franchise like the Rams have been superior to the Bengals just because they won one playoiff game 15 years ago.   The Rams have only had TWO winning seasons in the last 15 years and have averaged 6 wins per year.  It would be insane to trade one playoff win for 35 more regular season wins, over three times as many winning seasons (7 to 2) and over twice as many playoff appearances (7 to 3).

In fact, you know what will happen as soon as the bengals win a playoff game?  The victims will all claim that one playoff win is meaningless and that anyone happy with just one playoff win is "happy with mediocrity". but until that happens one single playoff win is the single most important factor in determinig which team is the best or worst in the league.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If GM holding Marvin back, then why has Marvin never left to a better Opportunity/GM? - fredtoast - 11-24-2018, 08:56 PM