Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If GM holding Marvin back, then why has Marvin never left to a better Opportunity/GM?
depthchart Wrote: [url=http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-If-GM-holding-Marvin-back-then-why-has-Marvin-never-left-to-a-better-Opportunity-GM?pid=636313#pid636313][/url]To those who blame Mike Brown at every turn for Marvin being "held back" by his GM that only hands Marvin so called "talent lacking" teams 

(04-30-2018, 02:59 PM) depthchart Wrote: Wrote:Given the recent O-line problems that have hamstrung the Bengals in recent years, I would lean in the direction of consistently keeping our foot on the gas pedal until the O-line is fixed. I had hoped the Front Office felt the same but they stopped short after good moves with Cordy and Billy.

Will they keep pushing for more, to be Elite on the O-line or do they stop short going forward ?

Not convinced this Front Office will. I see them settling with a middle of the pack O-line and being happy with it longer term. Essentially limiting how successful Pollack could be even if he is only a player or two away from Elite or Top 5 status say in 2019.
(11-23-2018, 09:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean guys like this?

You willfully miss the Point here, Fred.

When I showed my disappointment in the "Front Office" you take that as solely meaning Mike Brown.

When I say "Front Office" I include Marvin as being a Big Part of that "Front Office".

We saw how Mike Brown was as a GM in the 1990's.

Mike somehow became a better GM (via results) after Marvin came.

This is likely because Marvin has great INFLUENCE over the Roster decisions that are being made.

Not a total influence but a great enough influence to have Mike looking like a decent GM during those 7 Playoff appearances.

One can conclude that Marvin has more Roster shaping Power and influence than you pretend.

This team is in large part Marvin's baby since Marvin era teams look nothing like Mike's 1990's teams, especially during those 7 Playoff appearances. He has to be influencing GM Mike.

You may want to start blaming Marvin as much or more than Mike, if it is true that Marvin holds more Roster influence than you let on.

You would lose your "it's all Mike's fault" card.

By saying that Mike "holds back" Marvin by giving Marvin a roster that Marvin has no influence over, you then are assuming that Marvin entered every game that he lost with a LESSER game day Roster than the Head Coach that was opposing him did.  Not likely.

I'm sure Marvin entered games with BETTER game day Rosters than his opposing Head Coach had yet LOST.

So HOW are these types of losses Mike's fault ?

Does Mike wear a Head Set during games and mess up Marvin's brilliant Coaching during these games where Marvin has the better game day Roster than the other Head Coach opposing him ?

Could it possibly be Marvin's Coaching which is subpar in these cases, Fred ?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If GM holding Marvin back, then why has Marvin never left to a better Opportunity/GM? - depthchart - 11-26-2018, 12:53 PM