Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If GM holding Marvin back, then why has Marvin never left to a better Opportunity/GM?
(11-26-2018, 04:05 PM)depthchart Wrote: What you fail to acknowledge is that Marvin is a Major Part of that "Front Office" as proven by Mike's improvement as a GM from the 1990's versus the Marvin Era.

What you fail to acknowledge is that Mike did not change at all.  He still signed low level cheap free agents.  The only difference was that Marvin and his staff were better at coaching and got more from the same level of signings.

If getting good performances out of cheap signings had anything to do with "seeing the potential" then it would have happened under other coaches.  But it didn't.  NOTHING about the level of free agents signed changed.  Therefore the "front office" deserves NO CREDIT for the improvement.  The only difference was better coaching.

And you still have refused to answer my question.  I was man enough to answer your so please answer mine.  Since you say Marvin is part of the "front office" then you are claiming that Marvin refused to do anything for the O-line except trade for Glenn, and draft Price. Soooooo. . . . .

Why exactly do you think Marvin wants to lose and look bad instead of spend Mike Brown's money for better Free Agents to win more games?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If GM holding Marvin back, then why has Marvin never left to a better Opportunity/GM? - fredtoast - 11-26-2018, 04:26 PM