Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If GM holding Marvin back, then why has Marvin never left to a better Opportunity/GM?
(11-26-2018, 11:21 PM)SladeX Wrote: "fredtoast (from the Saints 2017 thread)

No, but I will point out that we drafted three Pro Bowl players in 2010 (Gresham, Dunlap, Atkins); 2 more Pro Bowlers and a top starter in 2011 (Dalton, Green, Boling); and 4 more players in 2012 who all received huge free agent contracts (Kirkpatrick, Zeitler, Sanu, Jones) plus another guy who was a 5 year starter in the league (Iloka).

That is a ton of talent in three years.  I don't expect drafts like that every year, but it is not impossible"

Quoted from another thread. Thanks Fred!

Aren't you arguing that Marvin has had utter crap to work with? I doubt the pre Marvin Mike Brown led Bengals ever had one single draft as productive as any one of those, damn sure nothing remotely resembling a 3 year stretch like that! N E V E R !!!!!
No, the difference in these years is just as well be down to better drafting and FA "depth signings" than any coaching acumen that Lewis displays. It could be be just as easily argued that GM Lewis, and the "beefed up" scouting department (by Bengal standards, anyway) are the real reason the team has had any success, because as you point out, they could draft well at times. His game day coaching and preparation? Afraid not. i would say Lewis' best contribution to this team has been however much he incrementally, inch-by-inch got Brown to move into the the year 2003. Don't forget, both have been quoted as saying they worked as a team. I would imagine, no greatly hope, pray, actually, that their teamwork didn't extend past the front office onto the playing field...
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If GM holding Marvin back, then why has Marvin never left to a better Opportunity/GM? - SladeX - 11-27-2018, 01:02 AM