Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If GM holding Marvin back, then why has Marvin never left to a better Opportunity/GM?
(11-28-2018, 08:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My point has been that the Bengals have been among the better teams in the league despite being handicapped by having the worst owner in the league.  

To me that indicates that our coaches are not among the worst in the league.

Nah that was never a point you made with me.

So, wait. Isn't our owner in charge of who our coaches are?
I mean, that's why we still have Marvin.
We've had numerous coaches do well and go off to become head coaches.

Since 2010, the Bengals have had 5 different coaches go on to be head coaches in the NFL.

Now, that's not to say they've all been amazing. Leslie Frazier had one good season before he was fired. Hue Jackson has one of the worst head coaching records of all time now.
Vance Joseph is on the hot seat.
Jay Gruden hasn't won a playoff game.

The only successful coach has been Mike Zimmer.

Now, many coaches are better as coordinators and positional coaches. That's just a fact.

Most of Mike Brown's arguments are he's loyal to bad coaches. And guess what, that's what we're arguing about here.

Remember the Carl Pickens Clause? Or Corey Dillon?
How about Carson Palmer?

Marvin Lewis started something great here. No one is denying that. But he is the Bengals Jim Mora.
He had a .556 winning percentage in New Orleans. Got them to their first 4 playoff appearances.
He even put together a great team in Indy.
They were only .500 during his 4 years there, but still had two playoff appearances. But no wins.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If GM holding Marvin back, then why has Marvin never left to a better Opportunity/GM? - wolfkaosaun - 11-28-2018, 10:53 PM