Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If GM holding Marvin back, then why has Marvin never left to a better Opportunity/GM?
(12-03-2018, 04:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If you're good enough to win 10+ games, divisions, and beat winning teams during regular season, you shouldn't be 0-7 in the playoffs, with the losses coming by an average of 12.1 points. Even the manner in which we lost points to coaching (being so vastly outscored in the 2nd half). 

And even you have said this:

"When one player underperforms it is a player issue, when every player underperforms then it is a coaching problem."

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Defense-Deep-Dive-Analysis-using-PFF-Ratings?

Nearly every player on this team has underperformed in the playoffs. Dalton. Green. Palmer. Chad. Atkins. Dunlap. Burfict. The blocking has been worse. We can't pass or stop the pass. Can't stop the run. Can't pressure the opposing QB.

If we were losing mostly close games, with the offense and defense playing well, I'd understand your free agency excuse. As it stands, with the fact that we've been mostly getting embarrassed and have NEVER had a good offensive output and only ONE good defensive game, the free agency excuse doesn't hold any water. One big ticket free agent isn't going to magically wash away ALL of those problems.

And I think therein lies the dilemma. One of the playoff losses was directly because the team was built with volatile personalities. That's because the Bengals like to take shortcuts and get those troubled former 1st Round picks.

I think each of our rosters has had dramatic holes somewhere in the lineup.

But, we did win 10-11 games and sheer probability dictates out of 7 tries that we'd win 1 or 2 at minimum.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If GM holding Marvin back, then why has Marvin never left to a better Opportunity/GM? - THE PISTONS - 12-03-2018, 05:41 PM