Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Bengals players claimed on Waivers.
(09-07-2015, 04:10 AM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: Anyone else love Marvin's quote when they re-signed Greg Little back in July?

"This is generally the last stop for people when I’m done tolerating" (Source: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Friday-quick-hits-Versatility-looming-Lewis-Whit-endorsing-Dalton-Lewis-challenges-Little/af04e250-dbdc-4ed4-ac88-afb9e57e254e)

I read that as basically an admission that he likes to keep players for longer than other coaches - often way beyond where the player is still operating at a high level.  Geathers is a perfect example.  See also: Odom, Antwan.

Wow. You really read that wrong then. Especially if you're applying that somehow to an ultimate professional like Geathers. Especially since Geathers played his entire career with one team. He didn't bounce around the league.

He was talking about giving guys opportunities who had bounced around and failed in other places. Guys like Adam Jones, Wallace Gilberry, Greg Little- giving them a chance to learn to be a pro.

And I don't remember him keeping players too long. When Geathers was no longer one of their top 9 or 10 d-Linemen, they let him go. And Antwan Odom barely spent any time here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Bengals players claimed on Waivers. - Joe Pong - 09-07-2015, 10:38 AM