Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qb situation, sorry dalton die hards
(11-27-2018, 11:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: I definitely think it's time to find Andy's replacement...and I don't pretend he's some world beater....but we could have done a lot worse over the years too. 

If they draft one this year, I think any of the choices would need quite a bit of development. The kid is very young, but I would start a rebuild next season, and target Trevor Lawrence out of Clemson for 2020 if he comes out. He could flounder between now and then, but what he does as a true freshman is pretty remarkable.

Watch Duke Qb Daniel Jones if he comes out (I think he will). He has been coached under Manning QB guru David Cutcliffe and will be a draft process star when teams put him in front of a white board. His pre snap reads and adjustments make him a year 1 starter and he has good ball placement, perfect for a Giants style or Raiders west coast offense. He doesn't have the strongest arm in the world, but he is relatively athletic for his size and has a lot of the things that will get coaches excited. I think he has a Carson Wentz style climb up draft boards leading up to the draft. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Qb situation, sorry dalton die hards - Au165 - 11-27-2018, 11:10 AM