Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton to I.R. - Bengals sign Tom Savage
So....the original diagnosis seemed fine with our team doctors. When I heard he was going for further test I knew this meant out for the season. Was this an oversite yet again by this medical staff? Just blows my mind how wrong they always seem to be.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:45 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So....the original diagnosis seemed fine with our team doctors. When I heard he was going for further test I knew this meant out for the season. Was this an oversite yet again by this medical staff? Just blows my mind how wrong they always seem to be.

I think it's more a matter of the team understating or downplaying or outright lying about injuries.  The medical people know.  The doctors are not the ones doing the talking.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
maybe it was the team doctors who sent him for the follow up.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 06:49 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: I am actually starting to think the playoffs are out of our reach this year

[Image: SinfulReasonableHyracotherium-size_restricted.gif]

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:23 PM)jason Wrote: Let teams get more film if him, and we'll see fewer completions and TDs too.

Correction, once our coaching staff gameplans around Driskell we will see fewer completions and TDs.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 01:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Exactly.  Driskel could be the next Tom Brady, and if he isn't then Tom Savage could be the next Tom Brady.  I'm a little upset we cut Logan Woodside, since he could be the next Tom Brady.  Also, we might be able to get Matt Barkley back from the Bills just in case he's the next Tom Brady.

Remember when the Browns started like 30 QBs over the past 20 years?  Every time they started a new QB I was like "Oh crap, here comes the next Tom Brady."

Is that hall of fame badge for the sarcasm hall of fame? I was just posting to show that it can happen, not that it would. I have been a fan of football as long as anyone, so I know the chances are slim but it can happen. 

Denver is a good game to see what he has. I just dont see the point of rooting against someone who plays for your favorite team.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 06:36 PM)LondonWhoDey Wrote: Will a team ever sign Colin Kap?

Bengals should have.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 04:12 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Is that hall of fame badge for the sarcasm hall of fame? I was just posting to show that it can happen, not that it would. I have been a fan of football as long as anyone, so I know the chances are slim but it can happen. 

Denver is a good game to see what he has. I just dont see the point of rooting against someone who plays for your favorite team.

What can we conclude about Driskel?  He has no AJ Green, he has a crap o-line, he has a scrapheap OC, and his head coaches are Marvin Lewis and Hue Jackson.  Driskel is either going to do well and be the second coming of Tom Brady, or he's not going to do well and we're going to talk about how even Tom Brady couldn't succeed here.

I'm rooting for Driksel.  Remember, I've apparently been rooting against Dalton for 8 years because I liked Carson Palmer.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 05:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What can we conclude about Driskel?  He has no AJ Green, he has a crap o-line, he has a scrapheap OC, and his head coaches are Marvin Lewis and Hue Jackson.  Driskel is either going to do well and be the second coming of Tom Brady, or he's not going to do well and we're going to talk about how even Tom Brady couldn't succeed here.

I'm rooting for Driksel.  Remember, I've apparently been rooting against Dalton for 8 years because I liked Carson Palmer.

My issue with Lazor is that he hasn't been able to adapt to mounting losses at TE.  Before that happened, his offense looked pretty damn good, IMO.

I'll be watching Driskel on Sunday and hoping for the best.  If nothing else, it should be entertaining.  I like his mobility.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 05:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: My issue with Lazor is that he hasn't been able to adapt to mounting losses at TE.  Before that happened, his offense looked pretty damn good, IMO.

I'll be watching Driskel on Sunday and hoping for the best.  If nothing else, it should be entertaining.  I like his mobility.

Yeah, He is going to need to be mobile. If OG plays then I dont like his chances against Von Miller and Bradley Chubb.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:31 AM)Millhouse Wrote: I don't get the Savage signing myself. Is Connor Cook on the practice squad that much worse? He was a 4th round pick afterall, had a couple of decent years at MSU. Or heck why not even consider bumping Quinton Flowers up, just run an spread rpo with him if need be. Savage though, I dont know.

Don't mess with their PS eligibility. Leave them there developing and we can keep them longer.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 04:04 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Correction, once our coaching staff gameplans around Driskell we will see fewer completions and TDs.

That too...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 06:51 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Yeah, He is going to need to be mobile. If OG plays then I dont like his chances against Von Miller and Bradley Chubb.

He'll change his name to Jeff Happy Feet Driskle.. Probably drop the Jeff and Driskle part..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 06:51 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Yeah, He is going to need to be mobile. If OG plays then I dont like his chances against Von Miller and Bradley Chubb.

So true.....Driskel bailed Og out of at least 2 sacks that I saw Sunday.....he'll need eyes in the back of his head, which will need to be on a swivel.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote