Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton to I.R. - Bengals sign Tom Savage
(11-26-2018, 10:01 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I think the defense is a bigger concern then the offensive line at this point. We really need the defense to play better to give us a fighting chance.

It's both,

We need LBers bad and Olinemen just as bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 06:49 PM)MentalRage Wrote: I'm ready to move on from Andy at this point but im going to laugh at all the Driskel lovers when he plays like ass for the rest of the season.

Im going to laugh at andy lovers when driskel shows hes better
Reply/Quote
Welcome to Cincinnati, Tom! The birthplace of Murphy's Law. You're gonna love it!
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:03 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Welcome to Cincinnati, Tom! The birthplace of Murphy's Law. You're gonna love it!

And lifelong misery
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:48 PM)Millhouse Wrote:

You think AJ is thinking, "Man, I wish I injured my thumb"?
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 01:22 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: You think AJ is thinking, "Man, I wish I injured my thumb"?

I think AJs toe may just linger on.....and I don't blame him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 10:41 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Drew Lock please!

Tank for Tua. 

Next year, that is.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 01:24 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Tank for Tua. 

Next year, that is.

He wouldn't make it here.... he's used to playing behind NFL level blocking. Seriously, I'd look for the best scrambler in college.

Reply/Quote
My pick would be Trevor Lawrence out of Clemson.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 01:23 AM)Wyche Wrote: I think AJs toe may just linger on.....and I don't blame him.

I think he has more heart than you give him credit for. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 01:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I think he has more heart than you give him credit for. 

Agreed.

Also, honest question, do people really think we draft a QB high this year?

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 10:39 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Nope. Krapernick is just a gimmick QB and defenses figured him out a long time ago. Plus, he brings lots of baggage. The team doesn't need to piss of the fans more than they already have.

Kaepernick has a damn good last run of games with a terrible 9er’s team. He presents far more of a challenge than bums like Savage, Peterman, Barkley, Beathard, Mullens, any Jags QB, Eli, etc. Kaepernick is no world beater, but he was a serviceable NFL starter and would make a very good backup for almost all teams. The only reason he’s not still earning a paycheck is because he took a stand.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 01:28 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: My pick would be Trevor Lawrence out of Clemson.

Gonna have to wait a few years. The kid from Duke looks promising.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
What may really suck from all this; the Bengals have so many needs in the up coming draft. Now a new QB may be in the cards for round 1. If not this year, seems like next year the team will begin to look at Dalton's replacement. Or they may let the new HC make that QB pick if Lewis is let go after next year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 01:34 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Kaepernick has a damn good last run of games with a terrible 9er’s team.  He presents far more of a challenge than bums like Savage, Peterman, Barkley, Beathard, Mullens, any Jags QB, Eli, etc.   Kaepernick is no world beater, but he was a serviceable NFL starter and would make a very good backup for almost all teams.  The only reason he’s not still earning a paycheck is because he took a stand.

I don't need or want his insults to the country that enabled him to make millions. He can go live in Venezuela where they tax all your income away.

And defenses have figured him out. He won't win anything.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:00 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't need or want his insults to the country that enabled him to make millions. He can go live in Venezuela where they tax all your income away.

And defenses have figured him out. He won't win anything.

You can disagree with his method of protest on police brutality against black Americans, but his stats argue against defenses having “figured him out”. He’s not a great QB, nor is he a terrible one. One of the biggest reasons that the 9er’s lost so much is Trent Baalke singlehandedly destroyed the team after winning the power struggle with Harbaugh. The team still hasn’t recovered from Baalke’s bungling.

For what it’s worth Kaepernick also has a higher career passer rating than Andy Dalton, and also a higher Playoff passer rating.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:07 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: You can disagree with his method of protest on police brutality against black Americans, but his stats argue against defenses having “figured him out”.  He’s not a great QB, nor is he a terrible one.  One of the biggest reasons that the 9er’s lost so much is Trent Baalke singlehandedly destroyed the team after winning the power struggle with Harbaugh.  The team still hasn’t recovered from Baalke’s bungling.

For what it’s worth Kaepernick also has a higher career passer rating than Andy Dalton, and also a higher Playoff passer rating.

Well that isn't saying much  LOL

Ninja
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I don't get the Savage signing myself. Is Connor Cook on the practice squad that much worse? He was a 4th round pick afterall, had a couple of decent years at MSU. Or heck why not even consider bumping Quinton Flowers up, just run an spread rpo with him if need be. Savage though, I dont know.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
#@$% Kaepernick

Plus he is not out of a job because he took a stand.

Many NFL players made the same stand and still are employed.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 06:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: Team Driskell rejoices. Worst part about this is I think as bad as we may be down the stretch this is the excuse that will save MaE
That's the illusion, That we have a choice, Even if Marvin went 0 for 16 he will be extended for 2 years by Mike Brown. Bengals barely won last  2 games last year against Lions and Ravens, Mike Brown says those games is what saved Marvin and got him 2 more years Sad Sad Just sad . Marvin needs to do the right thing stop taking advantage of Mike Brown and retire asap.
Reply/Quote