Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qb situation, sorry dalton die hards
(11-27-2018, 11:12 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I disagree theres a lot on here and a lot out there,i think its about 50/50 split on dalton in our fanbase and the dalton lovers are hard core with the same list of excuses. People wanted mccaron to fail seriously, hes the closest to come to a playoff win and dalton lovers loved it when he was shipped out of here and gloated when he didnt get no chance,they say he got cut which isnt really what happened he got injured ,but that doesnt fit their narrative on the guy. They are glad to say he aint a starter. Its truley a split battle within our own fanbase over dalton.im sick of it. Ive rooted for the guy but i want to win. 

Palmer was the best talent we had,going against top defenses and our only real shot at a superbowl,he got hurt by the cheats and then bad management. Palmer was a top 3 qb. Dalton isnt and never will be. 

And once again like i said ownership will not get better, coaching will not get better,our only hope his a more talented qb then what we have. Or we are going to be in ground hogs day every damn year. 

I agree with a lot of what you say....and have a lot on here. Where I'll disagree with you here, is that coaching is a lot bigger impact in football than people realize.  I think this team would have to be loaded in a few position groups with All Pro talent to overcome the bumbling staff. 

My point about Palmer was, he flamed out here, flamed out in Oakland, and got good coaching in ARZ and was one game shy of a super bowl. Fans here said the same things about him they now say about Dalton. "He'll never win a playoff game"..."look at his numbers"...."he chokes in Primetime". 

I think Dalton could right the postseason ship with good coaching that coaches to a team's strengths, versus shoving octagonal pegs into triangle holes.

I don't think Mediocre Merv becomes an overnight success with what folks see as the prototype QB. He had that once, and failed. Miserably.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Qb situation, sorry dalton die hards - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-27-2018, 11:22 AM