Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qb situation, sorry dalton die hards
(11-27-2018, 11:46 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Fans really do blow me away. People are happy that Dalton is injured just so someone else can be the QB. If you say anything positive about Dalton, you're a "lover" and all this other stupid and petty bullshit because you're intelligent enough to understand there are many other issues and simply changing the QB doesn't right the ship.

That's not to say that changing the QB shouldn't be done, but to be happy that the starting QB is injured is really shitty to me. To be happy about a player's injury on "your" team is just ridiculous. I should come to expect nothing less. People hoped he would get injured because of McCarron and these same fans made posts where they wished death upon Rey Maualuga on these very boards.

Andy Dalton is a better QB than a lot of people want to give him credit for. He has shown he can play well, especially when he has had coaches that have helped him. He's a good QB and good enough to win with. Some of what fans fail to realize is that they severely overvalue the talent that this team has. From Jerome Simpson to Armon Binns to Ryan Whalen now to Auden Tate and many others, we've had the next Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, and insert HOF WR name here, but they never performed to these lofty expectations. No one looks back and admits they were wrong about how talented Binns was, it's simply "Dalton sucks" and they crown the next late round nobody as the next Jerry Rice. However, when you point this out, you're instantly part of "Andy's Army" a "Dalton lover" and "football ignorant" because it couldn't possibly be they were wrong about the talent level, it was simply Dalton's fault the entire time.

When the Bengals do move on from Dalton, I expect he will go elsewhere and perform well. He'll probably win a playoff game before the Bengals do. He deserves it. He's a great person, a good QB, and gets treated poorly by at least half the fan base.

I'm sure the OP will lash out with childish names at me because I won't throw Dalton under the bus as the only reason for this team's woes. Though I will be cheering on Driskel and hoping he performs well because he is now the starting QB for my team.

Absolutely no one here has claimed Dalton is this team’s only problem. The OP even mentioned ownership and coaching but is being realistic about those two things not changing for the better anytime soon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Qb situation, sorry dalton die hards - Nicomo Cosca - 11-27-2018, 12:13 PM