Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was this a bad year to replace Marv?
(01-08-2019, 06:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My concern (and seeing recent rumors adds to my concern) is that the Bengals aren't finding any of these outsiders particularly enticing after interviewing them and therefore decide to go with someone they are familiar with.

Ah, don't do this to me bro. LOL

I may be done if they go with some lazy internal hire. 

(01-08-2019, 06:27 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Let's be clear, he should have been replaced at least twice over the last eight years.

Having said that, no.  It had to be done, and you can't hold onto a guy who has long overstayed his welcome on the hope that the following year's crop of head coaching candidates will be better.  We have no idea what the head coach market could look like next year.  It could be worse than this year.

I posted once where I showed 9 times where he should've been fired. I agree with ya, but my point wasn't so much that we should've kept Marv. 

It was more of a "we probably would've had better choices had we done it sooner".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Was this a bad year to replace Marv? - Shake n Blake - 01-08-2019, 06:53 PM