Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyler Murray chooses NFL (for now).
(01-15-2019, 10:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: While there are QBs shorter than 6'0" in the NFL, there is a difference between 5'9" and 6'0". That much harder to see and throw over linemen (accurately).

His line was on average 6'4/6'5 in college which is standard for an NFL line, that should be no surprise because two of them will be drafted and his center will eventually be drafted (True Freshman). He played against Bama with a whole slew of NFL d linemen and he had only 1 batted pass I think in that game. With shorter QB's like Wilson and Brees it's about sliding in the pocket to find throwing lanes, he actually does this well. A lot of people think of him as a runner but he is more often a runner to open up the throw. He will slide in the pocket to get a better launch point for his throws. 

I actually like the guy, and wouldn't mind drafting him in the 2nd, but he won't make it there. A slide back into the 20's and I'd consider drafting him and using the additional capital to slide up in the 2nd for the best LB on the board. He is more Baker Mayfield to me than any other comps I have seen. Less of a personality, however some teams may view his MLB leverage as a red flag. I think he can work in the league but again you need to pair him with an OC who is willing to do what he does well. Similar to what Mahomes is doing, you will want a lot of air raid and spread concepts mixed in as he hasn't ever taken snaps under center. An old school coach who is inflexible won't work with him, so a fit is a big deal here. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kyler Murray chooses NFL (for now). - Au165 - 01-15-2019, 12:00 PM