Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyler Murray chooses NFL (for now).
(01-15-2019, 01:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: They used some sprint outs and boots, but it's not a staple of the offense. The height thing is a relic of older times to me when people lined up under center. On a 3 step drop from under center your field of view is tough if you are under 6'1 or 6'2, but that's not the case anymore with offenses playing a majority of their snaps in shotgun. while the 3 step usually ends up where shotgun starts the issue is what you can see while you drop versus what you see pre play in shotgun. One place it is still an issue will be drags and maybe stick routes by the TE because of their proximity to the line in route, this is where sliding for lanes comes in. When your a mobile QB who steps up what often happens is the lane opens between the tackle and the guard, sometimes one guard and center lane will open depending on the single side match up, giving you easy throws but you need the time to slide.

I think if you commit to go with Murray you commit to play 90% of your gameplan from shotgun or pistol. I think this will require a special OC because it really makes the power running game different then a lot of what NFL teams have historically ran. Urban Meyer and his various OC's have done a lot with power from shotgun sets over the last decade and it's trickled into the NFL at a decent pace but it would need to be adapted quick or else you are committing to a zone running scheme out of shotgun. Nothing wrong with that, but it goes back to what I was saying about needing the right fit to do it. 

Good explanation, and I think that's what I was assuming. Murray should be put into a situation that takes advantage of his gifts and limits his weaknesses.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kyler Murray chooses NFL (for now). - ochocincos - 01-15-2019, 01:36 PM