Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which player/position would be most satisfied with at 11 aside from LB/OL?
(02-07-2019, 05:03 PM)Synric Wrote: Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis were huge in Washington for McVay and Gerald Everett was the very first player drafted by McVay.

As for Taylor I have no idea but I know a jack of all trades TE is very important in a WCO.

Gerald Everett hasn't exceeded 320 yards or 3 TDs in a season. I wouldn't call him a focal point in McVay's offense.
But I did forget about McVay's OC days in DC. You don't find it odd that he had so much success with a TE in DC but didn't make the TE a focal point in his offense with the Rams, especially considering they've been so strong in the run game? Maybe the TE focal point in DC was more because of Gruden rather than McVay.

I guess my thought is that we'll see how Taylor plans to use a TE, but his time in LA and even in MIA didn't have the TE as one of the top 2-3 passing options.
2015 MIA - Jordan Cameron had 386 yards and 3 TDs, was 6th most rec yards on team
2017 LA - Tyler Higbee had 295 yards, 1 TD, was 5th most rec yards on team. Everett was 6th in yards, 2 TDs.
2018 LA - Everett had 320 yards, 3 TDs, was 6th most rec yards on team. Higbee was 7th most yards, 2 TDs.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the receiving options go like this...
1 - AJ Green
2 - Tyler Boyd
3 - Joe Mixon
4 - John Ross (could be Ross over Mixon depending on success of run game though)
5 - TE

If the above happens to be true, that role can be done with Kroft, Uzomah or a mid-round draft pick. I wouldn't want to spend an early-round pick or big money on a TE if they won't be a top 3 passing option.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which player/position would be most satisfied with at 11 aside from LB/OL? - ochocincos - 02-08-2019, 10:40 AM